Ready to take on a meaningful project team role? Take your civil engineering career to the next level by applying for an entry level Roadway Engineer position in our Indianapolis, IN office.
What a Roadway Engineer job is all about:
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a project team, collaborating and learning from experienced civil Professional Engineers
- You want to grow and develop skills such as preliminary design and production of highway and roadway plans including development of traffic control, drainage and traffic plans
- You like a wide variety of tasks and projects improving the transportation design field. In this role you may prepare construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, and reports for highways, urban streets, bikeways, and interchanges for INDOT and local Governments
- Change is not scary word to you. You thrive in an organization that constantly adapts and evolves with client needs
What you need to make an impact:
- A Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited program in civil engineering or on track to complete within the next 6 months
- You’ve passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam or if you’re an undergraduate senior, you anticipate passing it within the next 6 months and complete the Engineer Intern registration process
- 0-2 years of engineering experience preferably with prior relatable internship/co-op experience
- You have the desire and ability to ultimately become a Professional Engineer
- Good communication skills to make an impact on projects for our clients in the public or private sector
- Tech savviness with Microsoft Office and CAD software; Microstation and GEOPAK would bring immediate benefit
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, competitive pay, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N