At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today to start acquiring professional skills in a workplace-based learning environment while earning an income at B&N.
Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? B&N has a 2020 spring semester opening for a Civil Engineer Intern, Land Development in our Stafford, TX office.
What you can expect as the major duties and learning outcomes:
- Work with a team of experienced civil engineers on land development projects for residential, multi-family, senior housing, assisted living and commercial projects throughout Texas
- Gain and understanding of land planning, preliminary site design, feasibility / cost opinions and final civil construction plan design
- Develop CAD and basic civil site engineering analysis, design and plan production from Professional Engineers and become familiar with the consulting engineering community’s responsibility in development of the state
- Learn the basics of industry specific design software, AutoCAD 2018 Civil 3D
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- You are a current student in good academic standing pursuing a degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- You will be graduating in May or December 2020
- You have a strong interest in land development / civil site engineering; previous internships are a plus
- You can’t wait to learn and develop civil engineering skills and gain autonomy as your capabilities progress
- You want to flex your skills with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Housing and transportation to/from work is the responsibility of the Intern, parking is provided