At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join our team in Northern Virginia, who will be responsible for delivery of land development project and client management efforts in Virginia. This position may work out of our Chantilly or Woodbridge, VA office.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Actively lead all aspects of the preparation of site/subdivision plans; including design, processing and permitting
- Delegate work as needed to support staff
- Manage coordination with clients and review agencies
- Maintain oversight of project scope and schedule
- Provide training and mentoring for entry level staff
- Opportunity to participate in development of client relationship programs or assignments, and assessment of new business opportunities
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Virginia PE registration, or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- Minimum 7 years of related experience required; prefer land development experience in Northern Virginia and VA SWM regulations
- Proven project delivery skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and PondPak
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project)
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.