At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Project Engineer to join our team in Dallas, Texas, who will be responsible for project delivery and project/client management efforts in Texas.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Opportunity to participate and/or lead in the planning and design of challenging water/wastewater projects, build client relationships, and serve in a significant role in building B&N’s business in Texas.
- Actively lead and participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience
- Monitor performance indicators, budgets, schedules, and manage risk
- Collaborate with other leaders throughout the firm on project pursuits and technical challenges
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring for entry level staff
- Participate in strategic business planning, development of client relationship programs or assignments, and assessment of new business opportunities
- Typical projects will include water transmission mains, water booster stations, water storage tanks/reservoirs, sanitary sewers, wastewater force mains, and wastewater pump stations.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- Texas PE registration, or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- Minimum 8 years of related experience required; prefer 12+ years of experience and candidates with prior experience in Texas
- Proven project delivery skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency and recent experience in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Desire to work in a group setting and mentor junior staff members
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.