- Minimum Experience: 5 years
- Education: BSCE
- Registration: Professional Engineer (PE)
- Required Skills: Microsoft Office; Transportation Engineering; Traffic; Traffic Safety
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Collaborate with some of the top transportation experts in the industry, complete capacity analysis, perform traffic studies, and develop and prepare project deliverables that improve the efficiency and safety of transportation systems across the country. Join B&N’s award-winning transportation team as a Transportation/Traffic Engineer in our Columbus, OH office.
B&N Transportation/Traffic Engineer Responsibilities
- Support experienced PEs and traffic engineers by assisting with or leading transportation projects including traffic modeling and analysis, safety analysis, intersection and interchange studies, and traffic forecasting
- Grow your task leadership and project management skills for scheduled improvements to complex solutions with projects for state DOTs and local agencies
- Perform and review safety analyses, developing state, section and regional safety plans and site-specific studies
- Perform systemic safety analysis and network screening
- Collaborate with traffic engineers across Ohio and the country to strengthen your knowledge and gain experience with new and unique project types
- Enhance your engagement with the transportation industry helping to identify marketing opportunities and build strategic business development relationships
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- 5+ years of related transportation and traffic engineering experience
- Project management or traffic task lead experience desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Synchro, and HCS required; TransModeler and Vissim preferred
- Familiarity with the Highway Safety Manual and Ohio DOT or local agencies preferred
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Immediate accrued paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule
- Flexible spending or health savings account options
- Basic life insurance/short-term & long-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee with option to purchase supplemental life insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and hybrid work schedule options
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual dress
At B&N, we are dedicated to improving ourselves and the communities we serve. We do this by providing employees with opportunities for fulfillment, learning and advancement while delivering awesome experiences to our clients. We are committed to exploring new capabilities, emerging technologies and opportunities that will help create a pipeline for future growth.
We are engineers, architects, planners, scientists, geologists and designers. We are also innovators and leaders, entrepreneurs and collaborators. We are traffic engineers and parents of teenage drivers. We are site designers and homeowners. Ecologists and dog walkers. Funding experts and foodbank volunteers. We believe that these collective connections to the communities we serve are an asset to B&N and our clients.
Apply today and discover the possibilities for your career at B&N.