Ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? B&N is searching for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our Columbus, OH office and someone who is interested in working on foundation design aspects of bridge projects throughout the US.
What a Geotechnical Engineer job is all about:
- Perform research and planning for field exploration and laboratory testing for geotechnical engineering investigations
- Develop design and analysis of earth retaining structures, deep and shallow foundations, soil and rock anchor systems. Evaluate stability analysis of earth slopes, dams and levees
- Perform geotechnical engineering calculations including utilization of standard geotechnical analysis software and AutoCad
- Work independently within on a broad spectrum of project teams under the direction of a Department Manager
- Provide geotechnical engineering design support and recommendations for B&N projects in various offices
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program or on track to complete within 6 months of application; MS with a Geotechnical Engineering focus on soil mechanics and foundation analysis preferred
- EIT or EI certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire; desire and ability to ultimately become a PE
- 0-3 years of geotechnical and/or foundation design related experience
- Great communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Physical ability to perform field work in challenging conditions and inclement weather
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Autocad is required
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and needs of the firm
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, competitive pay, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in twelve states and the District of Columbia and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.