Interested in working with senior-level civil engineering professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? Burgess & Niple is looking for an Environmental Scientist Co-op for Summer Semester 2020 in our Columbus, OH office
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
Working with a team of experienced engineers you will assist with:
- Ecological field work for stream/wetland delineations.
- Agency coordination (FWS, ODNR, SHPO)
- Developing environmental documentation, permit applications, reports and design documents for various types of projects following NEPA criteria
- Water delineations and determinations following U.S. Army Corps of Engineers standards, all associated with Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting and Section 401 Water Quality
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Current Sophomore, Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science, Ecological Engineering, Forestry & Wildlife, Biology, Ecology, or similar degree
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Microsoft Office and Excel required; ArcGIS preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
Housing is the responsibility of the co-op. Typical work hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today to start acquiring professional skills in a workplace-based learning environment while earning an income at B&N.