The B&N Columbus, OH office has delivered practical infrastructure solutions for a variety of traffic studies, feasibility studies and safety studies. Interested in working with some of the top transportation experts in the industry? We are expanding our team and are looking for a motivated Traffic Engineer to join us in making a positive impact on the quality of life in the communities we serve. B&N has been ranked 12th in the Road & Highway firm category by Roads & Bridges Magazine in its annual "Go-To List for Design Firms".
What a Traffic Engineer job is all about:
- You have the opportunity to be part of a project team, collaborating and learning from experienced PEs and be mentored by industry leaders in transportation
- You’ll grow and develop skills including traffic engineering tasks, technical skills and project management and business development
- You like a wide variety of transportation studies ranging from safety studies, corridor studies, area studies, feasibility studies and capacity studies.
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program
- 2-5 years of related civil engineering experience
- EI/EIT certification required with a desire and ability to ultimately become a PE
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to collaborate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Familiarity with traffic software such as HCS, Synchro, and crash analysis tools is strongly preferred. Experience with VISSIM or Transmodeler and Microstation is a plus
- Strong interest in transportation engineering and motivated to improve the efficiency and safety of transportation systems
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.