At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. Listed as on the Roads & Bridges Magazine annual “Go To List for Design Firms” in both Bridge and Road & Highway categories, we deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community, working on innovative, award winning highway & street projects? B&N is looking for a Roadway Engineer to join our experienced team in Columbus, OH . This position provides an opportunity to join our national experts in complex geometrics and urban and complete street design to work on local and national projects. Candidates for this position will have the opportunity to work on Ohio state and local agency projects as well as support other offices, including the growing Pacific Northwest office Boise. We are seeking individuals who are highly motivated and excited to grow their design and business development skills.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as roadway lead depending on experience and support project manager efforts in leading roadway projects for Ohio local governments and ODOT
- Support design for other B&N offices
- Design responsibilities will include preliminary engineering and final design tasks for items such as horizontal and vertical geometry, roadside design, grading, surface modeling, cross sections and construction details
- Interact with clients, governing agencies and the public, growing relationships and participating in marketing efforts
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program
- PE registration in the State of Ohio or EIT certification with the desire and ability to ultimately become a PE
- 3-5 years of related roadway design experience, prefer candidates with prior ODOT or Ohio local government (city/county) experience
- Great communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment.
- Software proficiency with MicroStation/GeoPak, OpenRoads and MS Office Suite is preferred.
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.