At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients' goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Transportation Planner to join our team in Columbus, OH ! We are looking for an energized individual to grow and sustain a successful transportation planning practice by expanding upon B&N’s current strong client profile of local agencies/communities, Metropolitan Planning Organizations, state departments of transportation, Transportation Improvement Districts, and other agencies or private entities that engage in transportation planning. Check out some of our Transportation work.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and lead the planning process of challenging transportation projects for public sector clients (e.g. ODOT, Counties, Cities)
- Initiate business development and client outreach, team building, technical thought leadership, and integration of emerging technologies
- Collaborate with B&N’s current staff and capitalize on their expertise and experience in complete street planning, public processes, corridor studies, interchange studies, innovative and practical solutions, and community transportation planning
- Guide a variety of transportation plans such as pedestrian, bicycle, roadway, transit and multimodal
- Limited to moderate travel is anticipated to serve clients outside of Ohio
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Completion of a 4-year degree in Urban/City/Regional Planning, Geography (urban), Civil Engineering or similar, Master’s degree preferred
- 5 + years of experience in Urban Transportation planning, prefer candidates with experience in city/regional planning
- Certification by American Institute of Certified Planners is desirable
- Proven leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office is required, experience with ArcGIS software is strongly preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally outside of Ohio
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.