At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients' goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Interested in working with Executive Leadership to help advance the firm using technological resources while overseeing all technical aspects of B&N? We’re looking for a Chief Technology Officer with 15+ years of experience in our Columbus office headquarters.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Manage IT at an acceptable level of service for internal staff and external clients
- Lead development, maintenance, and implementation for all aspects of technological advancement
- Drive the vision of IT used by the firm including IT architecture, software, hardware, telecommunications, and Internet applications
- Select and maintain all hardware and application software packages
- Develop technology standards for communications, operating system platforms, security systems, and application software
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other staff
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
- Direct and organize IT-related projects
- Monitor changes and advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT department
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions with Leadership
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electronics/Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems. Master’s Degree preferred
- 15 years of experience in IT, experience in A/E/C preferred. Minimum of 10 years in supervisory/management role
- Experience with VMware Horizon Virtualization technology administration and support
- Proven experience as CTO or similar managerial role
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Recent experience leading and managing IT staff
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.