At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Interested in working on innovative, award winning highway & street projects? B&N is looking for an experienced Roadway Engineer with a PE to join our experienced team in Columbus, OH to help seek, win, and deliver new projects. This position provides an opportunity to work for a Top 10 Bridge Design Engineering Company as Roads & Bridges Magazine has ranked B&N on its annual “Go-To List for Design Firms” in both the Bridge and Road & Highway categories
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as a Project Manager and/or lead the roadway design and plan preparation efforts of highway construction plans for Ohio local governments and ODOT
- Design responsibilities will include preliminary engineering and final design tasks for items such as horizontal and vertical geometry, roadside design, grading, surface modeling, cross sections and construction details
- Actively seek, win and deliver new projects for Burgess & Niple
- Mentor junior staff to lead, design and manage projects
- Interact with clients, governing agencies and the public
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program
- PE registration in the State of Ohio, or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- 5-10 years of related roadway design experience, prefer candidates with prior ODOT or Ohio local government (city/county) experience
- Demonstrated project management skills, urban street design and/or business development experience is a plus
- Great communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Software proficiency with MicroStation/GeoPak, OpenRoads and MS Office Suite is strongly preferred. Knowledge of Connect and AutoCAD would bring immediate benefit
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.