Make an impact.
Your career. Our communities.
Civil Engineer Co-op
Position ID: 2633
- Minimum Experience: Entry Level
- Education: HS
- Registration: (Not Specified)
- Required Skills: Environmental ; Microsoft Office
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world. Apply today to start acquiring professional skills in a workplace-based learning environment while earning an income at B&N.
Interested in working with senior-level professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? B&N has a summer semester opening for a Civil Engineering Co-op in our Columbus, OH office.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
Working with a team of experienced civil, geotechnical, and environmental engineers by assisting staff in performance of engineering design tasks for the development of engineering plans and studies. Potential projects involving erosion evaluations and stabilization techniques for lakes, rivers, and streams; stormwater management design; site development evaluations and design; or environmental permitting.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Current student in good academic standing pursuing a degree in civil, geotechnical, ecologicial or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Interest and desire to learn and develop skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office; AutoCAD experience a must. Civil 3D preferred, but not required
- Housing and transportation to/from work is the responsibility of the co-op, parking is provided
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to view our
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement.