Interested in working with senior-level professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? We're looking for an entry-level Environmental Engineer to join our fast-paced, dynamic team in Columbus, OH working on a variety of water and wastewater treatment system projects at various stages of development; from preliminary design to construction.
What an Environmental Engineer job is all about:
- You jump at the opportunity to collaborate with civil and environmental Professional Engineers and design staff
- You want to participate in delivering projects related to all aspects of water and wastewater treatment systems including design calculations, drawings and specifications
- You have a passion for learning and developing your skills while providing technical solutions for municipal clients
- You’re ready to assist with creating reports, cost estimates and review construction deliverables
- Change is not scary word to you. You thrive in an organization that constantly adapts and evolves with client needs
- You enjoy interacting with clients, governing agencies and the public
- Some field work/construction administration duties do not bother you at all
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil or environmental engineering program within 6 months of your application
- EIT certification in the State of Ohio or ability to obtain within 6 months
- 0-4 years of related civil or environmental engineering experience, co-op/internship experience with water or wastewater treatment is a bonus
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
- Software experience with Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint) and working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D or Revit is a plus
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.