At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Interested in working with senior-level civil engineering professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? We are looking for an Ecological Engineer to join our team in Columbus, OH and work on exiting projects which range from complex, urban renewal projects to securing environmental compliance with local, state and federal agencies. Check out our Ohio River Bridges and Kuhlwein Road projects.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct ecological field surveys (wetland delineations, stream assessments, and habitat evaluations) in support of Section 404/401 permitting and environmental impact assessments (NEPA documentation) for transportation and other civil engineering projects.
- Assist with design of constructed wetlands and stream restoration projects.
- Out of town/state travel will be required within the Midwestern U.S.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Ecological Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- EI or EIT certification or ability to obtain within 6 months
- 2-7 years of experience of experience conducting ecological surveys, wetland delineations, stream assessments, mitigation site monitoring, and/or threatened and endangered species habitat assessments.
- Prior experience with ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and/or hydraulic modeling software (HEC-RAS, XPSWM, or other) a plus.
- Familiarity with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Supplements and ORAM, QHEI, HHEI, VIBI assessment protocols as well as ODOT, INDOT, and/or WVDOT ecological assessments/reporting/permitting experience is preferred.
- Water Resource/Hydrology Engineering and/or wetland or natural stream channel design experience is highly desirable.
- Desire and ability to travel up to 20-30% of time, including overnight stays
*this is a duplicate posting to job #2604; One job opening for which we will consider either candidates with an Ecological Engineering degree OR candidates with a degree in environmental sciences (botany, biology, forestry or similar)
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.