Are you ready to gain real-world experience at a firm that values employee input and collaboration? Make an impact on your career, client projects and the community by applying for our entry level Environmental Engineer with a focus on Water/Wastewater. We are looking for candidates interested in Utility Asset Management and Data Driven Utility Planning. This position is located in our Columbus, OH office. To learn out more about Utility Asset Management check out our Insights here.
What an entry level Environmental Engineer job at B&N is all about:
- Participate in a wide variety of tasks and projects. In this role you may use large data sets and optimization methods to support data-driven decision making for utility infrastructure projects such as water/wastewater treatment, water distribution systems, and power utilities.
- Develop new analytical tools to support utility management practices, allowing them to get the most value out of their infrastructure investments.
- Contribute to project teams, collaborating and learning from experienced PEs, environmental scientists, and project managers.
- Improve skills such as data analytics, asset condition assessment, project prioritization, technical report writing, risk analysis and life cycle cost analysis through a combination of desktop and field inspections.
- Thrive in an organization that adapts and evolves with new clients, client needs, and evolving engineering technologies.
- Interact with clients, governing agencies, regulators, and the public
What you need to make an impact as an entry level Environmental Engineer:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 0-4 years of engineering experience, preferably with prior relatable internship/co-op
- EI or EIT registration or ability to obtain within 6 months and a desire and ability to ultimately become a PE
- Excellent communication skills to make an impact on projects for our clients in the public or private sector
- Some experience in building databases and work with data analytics is a plus but not required
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in nine states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, competitive pay, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.