B&N’s bridge engineers are nationally known for their design, inspection and rehabilitation expertise. Our work has been recognized at the local, state and national levels. In addition, Roads & Bridges Magazine ranks B&N 8th nationally on its Go-To List of Top Bridge Design Firms based on client preference. Interested in working with senior-level professionals at an established A/E firm that values employee input and collaboration? We're looking for a Bridge Inspector in our Columbus, OH office with 0-4 years of related bridge experience. Click here to view a short video of our Bridge and Facility Inspection Work.
What a Bridge Inspector job is all about:
- You’ll be performing NBIS (National Bridge Inspection Standards) inspections and report writing
- You’ll have the opportunity to conduct load rating analysis of bridges and culverts
- Responsible for the development of bridge rehabilitation details and maintenance recommendations
- Prepare bridge drawings in Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- You have a passion for extensive travel throughout the U.S.
- Change is not scary word to you. You thrive in an organization that constantly adapts and evolves with client needs
What you need to make an impact
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- Engineer Intern (EI or EIT) registration and a desire to ultimately become a PE
- 0-4 years of experience in a related civil engineering field, recent graduates are encouraged to apply
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as Microstation or CAD
- Prior experience with BrR and/or other Bridge Design & Rating software is desired
- Ability to obtain NHI/FHWA Bridge Inspection Two-Week, Fracture Critical, SPRAT Level 1 and OSHA Confined Space Training, prefer candidates who completed training already
- Ability and desire to climb large bridge structures and lift up to 30 lbs of gear, training will be provided
- Ability to travel on project related tasks up to 50% of the time
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs. of gear and must be capable of high levels of physical exertion
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.