At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Are you motivated, energetic and ready to take your career to the next level? B&N is seeking a Senior Proposal Manager for our Columbus, OH office focusing on the capture planning and pursuit management for programs that support the firm’s strategic earning and growth goals.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Build relationships with regional managers to support annual business plan objectives. Collaborate with leadership to develop capture plans for target clients and maintain the pursuit funnel. Translate positioning support into pursuit-specific promotions campaigns and implement.
- Guide corporate pursuit teams and mentor proposal support staff throughout the pursuit and positioning process. Facilitate strategy discussions to identify project drivers, key success factors and approach to competition. Provide leadership and course correction with pink and red team reviews. Develop framework for message driven, compelling content for pursuits.
- Standardize and centralize routine proposal operations (templates, access to data, content, debrief, etc.). Establish framework with designers to translate abstract ideas into compelling visuals. Develop proposal training program to increase efficiency in proposal preparation and coach on applying message discovery techniques.
- Track and report pursuit performance relative to key success factors. Adjust program corporately for maximum return on profit.
- Lead client interview process by designing the approach, coaching technical staff and planning the use of space, visuals and transitions.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or Communications or related field. Proposal or writing certification is a plus.
- 8+ years of proposal management and/or writing experience in A/E/C industry.
- Software proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator) is preferred and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) is required.
- Must have experience overseeing the full life-cycle of proposal development including positioning, scheduling, and managing while serving as editor, writer and/or reviewer.
- Excellent skills in verbal communication, experience with successfully coaching teams, developing content and editing.
- Possess advanced strategy development skills.
- Ability to effectively manage small teams.
- The successful candidate must be driven, a team player, reliable, proactive, resourceful, a critical thinker, well-organized, and passionate about their contribution to the team and the success of the firm.
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.