Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Take your career to the next level by applying for a Traffic Engineer to join our team in our Columbus, OH office working on some of the largest and most interesting transportation projects in Ohio and other states.
What an entry level Traffic Engineer job is all about:
- You have the opportunity to be part of a project team, collaborating and learning from experienced PEs
- You’ll grow and develop skills in areas such as traffic control design and traffic signal design
- You like a wide variety of tasks and projects. In this role you may work on traffic engineering and planning tasks including traffic, safety and capacity analysis, traffic simulation and traffic forecast, multimodal studies and other challenging transportation projects for public sector clients
- Change is not scary word to you. You thrive in an organization that constantly adapts and evolves with client needs
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university, Master of Science is a plus
- 0-2 years of engineering experience, preferably with prior relatable internship/co-op experience
- EI or EIT registration or ability to obtain within 6 months and a desire/ ability to ultimately become a PE
- Excellent communication skills to make an impact on projects for our clients
- Tech savviness MS Office is required, familiarity with CAD, Traffic Analysis & Simulation Software and GIS is desired
- Strong interest in transportation engineering and motivated in learning new methods and techniques from experienced engineers
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, competitive pay, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in eight states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.