Are you ready to make an impact on your career, client projects and the community? Burgess & Niple is seeking a Construction Engineer to join our growing office in Boise, ID.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- As part of the project team, you will lead CE&I projects and marketing efforts in Idaho.
- You will actively participate in project meetings to provide an outstanding client experience for the Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) and local government agencies.
- You will manage and grow construction inspection staff while observing and ensuring contractor compliance with construction safety measures, work zone traffic control plan, materials, and workmanship according to project specifications and plans.
- You will get to read and interpret construction drawings, specifications and identify discrepancies or conflicts.
- You will support design staff through constructability reviews and estimating.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Idaho PE registration or ability to obtain within 6 months
- 5+ years of experience required, prefer candidates with ITD Inspection certifications or ability to obtain certifications within 6 months
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Software proficiency with Microsoft Office. Microstation and Civil 3D skills are a plus
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. For over 100 years, we have delivered creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Through our Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) and tech-savvy employees, we have seamlessly transitioned to virtual recruiting and onboarding processes that allow us to collaborate regardless of location. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.