Make an impact.
Your career. Our communities.
Position ID: 2675
- Minimum Experience: 1 year
- Education: BSCE
- Registration: Engineer Intern or Professional Engineer
- Required Skills: Microsoft Office ; Roadway
- Sponsorship: Immigration related employment benefits, e.g. visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Interested in working on innovative, award winning highway & street projects? B&N is looking for a highly motivated Roadway Engineer to join our growing team in Boise.
What a Roadway Engineer job is all about:
- Partner with nationally recognized engineers on innovative transportation engineering projects like preliminary roadway studies, interchange, urban street and multimodal design
- As part of the project team, you will design aspects of roadway and highway projects including horizontal and vertical geometry, roadside design, drainage, grading, surface modeling, cross sections, pedestrian and bicycle facilities, and construction details
- Actively participate in project meetings to provide an outstanding client experience for the Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) and local government agencies
- Work collaboratively with other office transportation engineers across the country in our other 18 offices
What you need to make an impact:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited civil engineering program
- EI or PE registration in the State of Idaho, or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- 1 - 5 years of related roadway design experience, prefer candidates with prior ITD experience
- Great communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Software proficiency with Microsoft Office and MicroStation/GeoPak; Bentley OpenRoads is strongly preferred
What we offer:
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Why join us?
At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients’ goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for employees. Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to view our
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement.