At Burgess & Niple, our employees are driven by a passion for advancing the built environment with exceptional concern for quality of life, safety and sustainability. We deliver creative solutions that exceed our clients' goals and foster an environment that creates unlimited opportunities for our employees.
Guided by our core values, we are a privately held firm with offices in ten states and projects around the world. Apply today and discover the limitless possibilities for your career at B&N.
Burgess & Niple is seeking a District Director for our Austin, TX team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead and coordinate challenging water/wastewater projects, build client relationships, and serve in a significant role in building B&N’s business in Texas. This position will provide a confident self-starter the opportunity for significant career advancement. The District Director will be supported by a staff of technical experts throughout the firm, as well as a strong business development team, and he/she will supervise experienced civil engineering and field staff to deliver projects across all aspects of water/wastewater including evaluation, planning, design, and construction phase related services with somewhat of an emphasis on condition assessment.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Based on relationships and technical abilities, serve as client manager and/or project manager for selected clients/projects
- Actively lead and participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience
- Train, coach, and mentor junior design staff in developing and delivering design projects
- Tracking and winning new client pursuits and new project pursuits
- Support development of strong client relationships with existing clients
- Monitor performance indicators, budgets, schedules, and manage risk
- Collaborate with other leaders and professionals throughout the firm on project pursuits and technical challenges
- Participate in strategic business planning, development of client relationship programs or assignments, and assessment of new business opportunities
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Texas PE registration, or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- Minimum 10 years of experience in water/wastewater projects
- Strong client management and project management skills
- Experience with ArcGIS in utility mapping applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
Preference will be given to candidates with 12+ years of experience with 5+ years of experience leading projects and managing clients in Texas.
Burgess & Niple offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.